4.25.2011

Easter 2011

This weekend, a four day weekend for Dave, went by like a flash.  I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't spend more time as a family reflecting on the meaning of Easter and what Jesus did for all of us on the cross.  Grace and I did have a conversation about Easter and why we celebrate it, but at two years of age she has already figured out that the candy is where it's at.  Sad but true.

I think Grace's favorite Easter experience (it even topped the candy), was a stop to get bird seed at the Tractor Supply Company on Friday afternoon.  We were all surprised to see that they not only had bird seed, but also baby chicks and bunnies.  Grace loved the bunnies.  It made her day, for sure.

On a very blustery Saturday morning we ventured out to the Easter egg hunt at our church, and ran into a few friends there.  Then, on Easter Sunday, we drove to the wrong restaurant (my fault), and ended up being an hour late for lunch with my parents.  My brain is just not what it used to be, I'm afraid. 

Finding her eggs

My friends, Kristine and Belinda

Pria and Grace, enjoying Easter treats at music class

My favorite Easter gift has been listening to Grace sing a new song, Praise Ye The Lord, Hallelujah!  I love the way Grace says, "Hall-ay-ew-ya!"  Cutest thing ever...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a baby chick or bunny are on the "wish list" for the little girl in your family. Be careful...our bunny lived a good 10 years!

    ReplyDelete