7.05.2011

Our Fourth

Watching the fireworks on television from our bed sounded pretty good to us last night. Grace was not falling asleep, and was restless, and I was feeling disappointed that we never go to 4th of July parades and thinking about how I regret that and how I wish we were earlier risers, etc....etc.  Then I had this idea that maybe we could see the fireworks from Overlook Park, which is just a few miles from our house.  So we all hopped in the van in our jammies and headed out.

It didn't occur to me that maybe other people might have the same idea as me.  As we pulled up to the park, cars were scattered atop the hill and the lawn beneath it.  Families sat outside of their vehicles in lawn chairs; their children dancing about, sparklers in hand.  It was a beautiful night and fortunately, we had a great view of the fireworks from our place on the grass.  When Grace saw her first firework light up the sky, she said, "Wow!  That's so neat!"  She had a great time, and fortunately for us, she fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot.


1 comment:

  1. Our girls have yet to see fireworks. Too late for this family as well!!

    ReplyDelete