12.26.2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas has become more and more exciting since Grace was born.  This year was definitely the best yet.  Three is such a fun age at Christmastime.  Not sure if it was more fun for her or for me.

Dave, Grace and I enjoyed a Christmas Eve church service together as a family, and then had dinner with my parents and brother.  Grace loved spending more time with her Uncle Seth and Grandma and Grandpa. When we got home that night, I put the finishing touches on everything for Christmas morning while Dave put Grace to bed.  Grace woke up around eight o'clock and had a great time opening gifts, despite the fact that she was a little miffed that she received a purple camera instead of a pink one (she blamed Dave for the screw-up).  But she did get a pink phone and a pink guitar, so I think that made up for the purple camera.

We didn't spend too much time talking about Santa before Christmas, but did read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" a few times and watched the Veggie Tales movie about Saint Nicholas, who was a Christian and would disguise himself when he went out  to give gifts to those less fortunate.  Great movie for kids. 

Christmas afternoon was spent with my family opening gifts and making a rather labor-intensive horseradish encrusted beef tenderloin.  It was very good, though.

Today was spent with Dave's family.  We opened gifts in the morning and then my sister-in-law Lisa and I took Grace and Megan to see We Bought a Zoo (which was very cute).  Then we dined on prime rib and homemade pies.  Grace and Megan put on lots of dance routines for us while we all sat on the sidelines with stuffed bellies and watched.

Tomorrow is our last Christmas with the Lower side.  More food and more fun.  Not sure how much more food I can take, but I'm looking forward to the fun part.  


The Night Before


The face says it all--she loves her "kintar"

This year she loved to open gifts

Love this little shopping cart

At Grandma and Grandpa's house


Getting her stocking


Bitty Baby-Grace's new favorite doll

Love

A purple accordion from Uncle Seth


 A new leotard for gymnastics this winter

3 comments:

  1. You can tell she loves her Bitty Baby! The one of the baby in the front pack with the cell phone and purple boots is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29.12.11

    Sounds like a beautiful Christmas for your family. We loved seeing you all at Christmas.

    Love, Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds perfect, well documented with your great photos. I love the purple boots on Gracie.

    ReplyDelete