7.05.2012

Chicago

Two weeks ago we spent a long weekend in Chicago with our neighbors.  It was Gracyn's birthday and her gift was to pick out an American Girl doll.  Despite an earlier conversation with Grace stating that she would not be getting one, and her understanding and not putting up a fuss, I caved shortly after our brunch there.  It just would not be the same experience to wait for her birthday, so Grace got to pick out a doll, too.  She quickly picked an African American little girl with long, curly black hair and brown eyes. Just as quickly, she decided on her name- Rocky.  She even got her ears pierced (the dolls, ears that is) and had her checked out by the doctor on staff. 

Three days was just not long enough to do all of the things we would have liked to in Chicago, but we did manage to get to the Shedd Aquarium, which was so crowded I would have rather not gone.  We visited the tourist spots like Navy Pier and the Maginficent Mile and rode on the double-decker buses. The girls had lots of pool time in the hotel, and I even did a little shopping, too. It was a fun trip.


These were the restaurant's complimentary babies they chose off the shelf


The doctor examining Rocky


Chicago skyline from Navy Pier

Navy Pier

Millennium Park

Riverwalk

L Train

4 comments:

  1. What a special weekend...and I love the photos. The train photo should be on a post card...

    Can't wait to meet Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos...and it looks like an awesome time! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Rocky is a GREAT name! What a fantastic picture of the two of you. (The one with Daddy is pretty sweet too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Lisa, I LOVE the picture with Dave and Grace and the one with you and Grace is just pure joy.

    Chicago is one of my top two favorite U.S. cities, New Orleans being the other.

    Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures and memories. I understand you caving at American Girl.....that place is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete