Today was a great day. It started out a little frantic and flustered as I tried to quickly get myself and Grace ready to meet my friend, Melissa, at the mall for a walk with our babes. It had been a few weeks since we'd walked or talked, so it was nice to get back into the swing of things, and catch-up. Never thought I would be a "mall walker", but, it's actually pretty convenient.
On the way home from the mall, Grace promptly fell asleep. I contemplated going home and risking having her wake up as I put her down, or give into my craving for a Whopper Jr. and enjoy some quiet time in the car. The Whopper Jr. won out. Diet Shmiet. At least I didn't get the fries, right?
It was a beautiful day, probably the last one for a while, so we played outside quite a bit, and I was feeling motivated to put up Christmas lights. I strung them up on our bare little crabapple tree that has been Grace's favorite hangout all fall. She still says, "Apple!" and reaches up trying to get the dried out little remnants of what were once a sour treat for her.
Once the sun went down, I took Grace outside to show her "the lights." She was so excited! After we got back inside, she kept going to our window and pointing to them, saying her version of "lights" and "pretty." I'm thinkin' we're going to have to get a Christmas tree, a small one, of course. What a fun Christmas it will be this year...
12.03.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment