We all took a tractor ride out to where the Fraser Firs were grown. Grace had a blast sitting on Gampa's lap and watching the tractor. Then, the process of selecting a tree began. Grace ran all around, with her giant gloves, tripping over tree stumps everywhere. We watched Nomma, Gampa and Uncle Seth cut down their tree, but then we decided it was too cold for Grace, so Nomma took her back to the car until we picked out our tree.
At first, we thought we wanted a Douglas Fir, because the needles are softer, but I liked the color of the Frasers better, and the fact that they don't lose their needles quite so fast. We picked out what looked like a small tree, but sitting in our stand, it's about 6 feet tall.
Now two days later, our first tree is finally aglow with lights and ornaments. We (I) didn't like the lights we (Dave) bought, and it took a few runs to Rite Aid to get them "just right" (thanks, babe). We're a little sparse on ornaments, but thanks to my Mom's kind donation, we have some to hang on the tree. I guess with all of our moving around, we just lost track of the few Christmas decorations we had.
I did feel the urge to get a little crafty, and I made a Cheerios garland to hang on the tree; it took forever, but it's cute and safe for Grace to play around with. I'm excited to see how she reacts to the tree tomorrow night, as she's only seen it in a bare state. More Gracie tree pictures to come.....
Gracie snuggled with Gampa
Dave and Uncle Seth
Brrrr........
Happy Girl
Helping Gampa
Just lookin' cute
Grace lending her support
Just takin a break
"Up, up, up!"
Ta-Da!


No comments:
Post a Comment