This is day five (I think) of what seems to be "potty learning." Grace has been doing most of her number ones and twos in her potty, with a few accidents too, of course. She has been so excited to drop her "deposits" in the toilet upstairs, flush them down, and wash her hands (over and over again). Hopefully the novelty of the whole process won't wear off anytime soon.
I'm quickly realizing that this is a marathon, not a sprint. I don't think I will reap the benefits of this whole undertaking for quite a while. Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of our babe. I love the expression on her face after a job well done and how excited she gets. But, for the short-term, it sure makes things all the more time consuming and complicated. But, at least I'm getting my exercise anyway, making frequent trips upstairs throughout the day to the only toilet in our house.
One thing I didn't think through - dealing with public restrooms. I took Grace to Target this afternoon after a morning spent anxiously awaiting the arrival of a usually timely b.m. (which never did materialize). I just ended up throwing a diaper on the girl and hoping it wouldn't screw anything up. But seriously...does anyone know how to potty train a little bottom on a big-person-yucko-toilet? Advice appreciated. And, I guess we need a car potty, too...just in case?
This is definitely no easy task, and I feel like I'm winging it, as usual.
So, we'll see where this goes. Wish me luck! I need it. And lots of it...


Yeah...the logistics are beyond me at this point. I don't really know how to do this. A friend of mine told me that she took garbage bags with her to stores, poked a hole in and put the entire thing on the nasty toilets. Not great for the environment, but nothing touches your little one's bum or body. Anna isn't at the point of actually holding it for long...she'll go to the toilet to let out little bits very frequently, so I don't even want to attempt to go anywhere without a diaper, even outside. I agree...this makes things much more time consuming and complicated:) Let me know what you learn! I'll let you know if I learn anything as well.
ReplyDelete