7.18.2010

Traverse City, 2010

Grace and I just got home from a much-needed vacation to Traverse City.  Dave went camping with his friend, Greg, which provided a good excuse to get away with Nomma and Grampa for a few days.  I relaxed as much as I could with a nearly-two-year-old in tow; grateful for lots of help from my parents. I'm also grateful for the news we received before leaving for the trip: Dave was hired back in the Saginaw Public Schools.  He'll be at Hilliard, an alternative school, next year. [Long sigh of relief]

Most of our days up north were spent relaxing by the beach.  The water level was low, which was perfect for Grace as she walked around in the bay.  She enjoyed building her first sandcastles and filling her new pails with water (over and over again).  While on the beach we were visited by cousins, Nolan and Aidan, and Aunt Carol, who were staying a few resorts down from us.  The boys enjoyed burying Grace's feet in the sand and getting her to say silly things like "Nolan is weird."  It was fun.

While in T.C. we enjoyed dinners out (Red Mesa Grill was particularly yummy), a shopping trip downtown, an energizing family walk, and watching breath-taking sunsets in the sand.  Last night, another hotel guest played the bagpipe as the sun was going down.  She finished with "Amazing Grace", and it was amazing...


The "foot washer" was the first thing Grace discovered 



We were happy to have one cloudy day


 Sand sifting

Love these sun suits!





Nolan and Aidan with Grace

Beautiful Nomma

Dad enjoying a local brew

 I'll miss these sunsets


and the sand between our toes.


My Mom, Grace and I spent a lot of time getting silhouette shots one night.  The sunset was perfect, and the water, amazing.  We were all very sandy and wet by the end of night. But I love how they turned out...




Nomma and Grace

Smooches

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for our wonderful Traverse City vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous18.7.10

    Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! The pictures were awesome...and I love the silhouettes! Love, Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete