8.04.2010

Pesto Pasta

When we arrived home from vacation a few days ago, my basil seemed to have quadrupled in size.  It called for one thing and one thing only- Pesto.  Yum.  Up until now I've been the only one to enjoy the stuff (Dave dislikes just about anything green), but that all changed when Grace sampled her first bite.  It took a little convincing to get her to try it, but once she did, she was hooked. 






The recipe couldn't be any easier:

2 cups fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I used an asiago,romano & parm blend)

Blend it all together in a food processor and that's it!  I love it tossed in pasta or in place of pizza sauce. 

2 comments:

  1. Pesto is one of our summer favorites too! I always freeze it in little 8oz. freezer cups so we have it all winter as well. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pesto has been on our menu, too. I LOVE the passion Grace has for her pesto in these photos!

    ReplyDelete