Grace and I had a relatively good day at home together. I think she needed some mommy time, and it was nice for me to spend some alone time with her, too. It got me thinking of what I need to do this school year for her, and pondering what class/classes to sign her up for. One thing that needs to change for sure is our television consumption. We need less t.v. and more books, and that goes for me as well.
I'm hoping it's a phase for Grace, and that she'll start to enjoy reading like she used to. Right now she is so focused on playing with friends, that even when she's not with her friends, she's with them in pretend play. I guess it's a sort-of-good thing, but sometimes I worry that her inability to settle and relax with a book might be a glimpse of ADHD to come (which Dave has had since he was a kid). I miss those days with her snuggled up beside me, reading book after book after book.
Today Grace was a good sport while I did more testing of my new lens. I have another week to decide if I want to keep it or not. I've been a bit disappointed with its sharpness at times, but zoom lenses generally aren't super sharp. Overall, I like it, but I do like the 70-200 lens so much better. It's sharper, but also a lot more expensive and much heavier.
Crazy, slide hair






I like the crazy slide hair!
ReplyDeleteCute. Missing you guys!
ReplyDelete