Not sure what it is about them, but Grace loves ears. Momma's ears, Papa's ears, Nomma's or Gampa's, it doesn't really matter. She will not be denied. They are an easy source of comfort, perfectly placed for two little hands in need.
When I put Grace to bed, we lay down together and read for a while. When we're done with books, she grabs my ears and smushes her face against mine, and usually, she falls asleep pretty quickly. But lately, with three new molars coming through, my ears have been getting really worked over, and actually, as I sit here typing, they are a little sore. I think I might start wearing those things that wrestlers wear on their ears while I put her down.
So, I guess I am her snuggie, or at least my ears are. I've been trying to encourage her to cuddle with her stuffed puppy or her blanket, but so far, she's not interested. She just says "Ear!" and makes the sign for milk. And it feels as though my ears are getting milked. I'm hoping that she quickly outgrows this phase, and that by the end of it, I don't have cauliflower ears.
12.01.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Funny...Anna is this way with our hands. She won't attach to a stuffed animal or blankie. She wants our hands (and, of course, milk too). I met someone recently who was telling me about her son who used to comfort himself with her ears. He would say, "Mommy, ear you" when he wanted her ears. Must be they are something lots of kids love!
ReplyDelete