A few days ago, I followed a friend's recommendation and made an appointment with a local stylist. I should have become a little suspicious when I called to make the appointment, and I could get in the next day (at multiple time slots). I'm used to waiting 1-2 months to get into Bev if I call last minute. Against my better judgment, I made an appointment and went in for my typical cut/highlight and brow-wax tonight.
The girl was really very sweet, but has only been doing hair for a year, and her style just didn't mesh with mine, I guess. Although I like my cut, my color was left on too long, so my highlights are too blonde and my lowlights are too dark. Because of the contrast of the two colors, my hair looked gray around my face. She tried to fix this with a toner, but I'm still left feeling frustrated, and although she offered to work on it some more, I'm dreading going back in again.
So what should I do ? Go back in and have her fix it? Just deal with it for a couple more months and then go back to Bev? Clearly, this is not a world crisis, but I'd appreciate your opinions/advice!
I think this is how I must have looked in the chair



HA!!! Love the picture...this is a dilemma. Do you think she CAN fix it? If so, then she ought to do it. Last time this happened to me, though, I didn't have the confidence in the person who screwed it up and just went back to my old person.
ReplyDeleteSame thing happened to me a couple months ago...I was at my nail shop and mentioned I needed a highlight. The hair gal said I can do it for you right after your nails! So, against my judgement had her do it. WRONG. Ended up leaving, and calling my regular hair person when I got home. Had it redone. Will never do that again.
ReplyDeleteWell, she fixed it today and actually did a nice job. Crisis averted....
ReplyDelete