1.11.2010

Coincidence? I think not....

A few days ago during one of my "talks" with God, I asked Him for a sign.  A sign that He had heard my prayers and that everything would be alright, even if things didn't turn out the way I wanted at my doctor appointment today.  During my prayer, I thought specifically about our new bird feeder, which has sat bird-less for a few weeks now.  I thought maybe God could send me a bird as a sign.  Yes, a bird, crazy as that sounds.

Our bird feeder sits outside a large picture window in our family room.  Grace and I monitor it frequently for birds.  It always elicits an "I don't know" and a shrug from Grace.  No birds.  No squirrels.  Nothing.  Fast forward to this morning, my parents had just arrived to babysit Grace while Dave and I traveled to Henry Ford.  I was feeling a bit nervous about what the day would bring.  Out of nowhere, 4 chickadees appeared and started taking turns feeding.  I knew this was my "sign."

A famous hymn comes to mind: His Eye Is On The Sparrow. The theme of the song is inspired by the words of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew.  I love the words of the song:

Why should I feel discouraged / Why should the shadows come / Why should my heart feel lonely / And long for heaven and home / When Jesus is my portion / A constant friend is He / His eye is on the sparrow / And I know He watches over me / His eye is on the sparrow / And I know He watches me /
I sing because I'm happy / I sing because I'm free / His eye is on the sparrow / And I know He watches me

Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? - Matthew 6:26

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12.1.10

    Hoping and praying you will be able to put all this behind you very soon. So glad you have guests in the bird feeder...they surely were a sign and will also provide lots of entertainment and joy for Gracie.

    ReplyDelete