We have definitely had our ups and downs over the last ten years, but looking back, God has used the "downs" to shape and mold us and increase our faith in Him. Here is a summary of our last decade:
- We got married
- We moved to Florida
- We bought a house and sold a house, all in the same year
- We moved back to Michigan and lived in Grand Blanc
- Dave taught at Goodrich High School and I worked at Genesys doing stress testing
- Dave lost his job
- Dave went back to school and got his Master's Degree in special education
- Dave got a job teaching in Gaylord, MI
- We bought a house in Gaylord
- I was diagnosed with melanoma. Fortunately it was caught very early and it didn't spread.
- Dave was cut from his teaching position and I started working at Genesys again
- We put our house up for sale
- We moved to Saginaw for Dave's teaching job at Saginaw High
- We struggled with infertility
- We tried IVF and God blessed us with a beautiful baby girl
- My Mom had a heart attack, but recovered and is doing well now
- I struggled (still struggle) with neurological symptoms
- We moved back to Midland
- I quit my job at Genesys to stay at home with Grace
- We finally sold our Gaylord house after 2 1/2 years....yeah!!!
- Dave survived another round of layoffs this December
"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth" - Proverbs 27:1 and "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself" - Matthew 6:34.
The former, I can totally relate to, but I still struggle with the latter. I have never been very serious about New Year's resolutions, but I am going to really try this year, not to worry so much, but instead, turn to God, the only one, the only thing, we can really count on in this life. "He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken" - Psalm 62:2
Happy New Year everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment