A funny thing happens when I take Grace to her toddler classes. She transforms into another child and becomes quiet as a mouse. She doesn't sing or dance or interact with the other kids. I thought she'd warm up after a while, but after a few weeks of Music for Munchkins, and a few months of Toddler Time at the library, she is still as shy as can be. Granted, she is one of the younger kids in her classes and hasn't had much socialization other than some one-on-one time with a couple little friends. But, I guess I thought she'd be singing and dancing with the other tots by now.
So, to answer my question, yes.....this is my child; shy just like her Mommy was and slow to trust others and let herself have fun. Seems I have heard shyness is genetic. I'm sure in time Grace will come to really enjoy her time with other little tykes, and I'm excited to watch her grow in confidence and break out of her shell. And when she does........watch out!
Love you, Grace!
2.01.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Funny...this is EXACTLY what Anna is like in our classes. She sits back and observes everything and everyone, but rarely participates. She loves going, but is so quiet while we're there. Much like her mommy, too:)
ReplyDelete