Thankfully, despite reports of severe storms, the weather held out for the 4PM birthday party at my parent's house. We all stayed dry, with the exception of the sweat that was dripping down our backs from the oppressive heat and humidity. We ate pulled-pork sandwiches, Mom's pasta salad, corn muffins, fruit salad, and cake, of course. Miss Piggy Cake. Miss-Piggy-in-drag cake. She was so ugly it was kind of cute, and Grace seemed to like it, which made me happy.
We kept the guest list fairly small--just family and our friends, Chad and Melissa, and their little guy, Avian. He had a great time splashing in Grace's pool and playing with the new sand and water table that Nomma and Grampa gave her. Grace paid particular attention to Kailey, my cousin Kiersten's daughter. Avian took a liking to her as well. Kailey showed Grace how to wear her new Dora backpack, which I have a feeling she'll be sporting often. She was generously given so many great gifts for her birthday. We will have lots to do for a very long time, I think.
More than the presents, though, it was great visiting with family and friends and celebrating our very special little girl. It's hard for me to believe that it's been two years since the three of us drove home from the hospital, together, as a family, for the very first time. It's gone by so fast. Scary fast. While I'm sure this coming one will be a challenging year, I'll be cherishing each and every day of it. Reflecting on these last two years since Grace was born reminds me just how fleeting this time is. I want to cherish every day...
Some photos from this weekend:
Birthday pictures at Stratford Park
My reluctant photo helper
One of my favorites
Birthday morning...
Excited to open her presents!
Trying out her new easel
Happy Birthday to Grace...
She blew them all out on her first try!
The aforementioned Miss Piggy cake
We topped off the night by letting Grace release her balloons into the sky. Fortunately, our video camera was rolling to capture her excitement. These moments were the icing on the cake (so to speak), for me, anyway. We all enjoyed watching the balloons float higher and higher, then, over the lake, and then, who-knows-where. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day.




















I am in awe of these photos. Beautiful job capturing these precious 2-year-old birthday moments that will never happen again. Happy Birthday Grace!
ReplyDeleteKrysha, these photos are great!! I LOVE the one with Grace on the far right with the bundle of balloons on the left. (The truck ones are really great too!)
ReplyDelete