1.23.2011

Silly Me

I'm not sure how it all happened, really.  One day Dave commented to me that he ushered with a realtor at church, and that they had discussed the housing market in Midland, and how we were planning on buying in the spring.  That peeked our interest to look into our finances and get approved for a loan (which is a bit complicated because of our short-sale two years ago).  And today, we were open-housing with plans to see more homes with our realtor this week.  How did this happen?  I should have known better.  I'm not good at taking my time with this kind of stuff.  It's all consuming for me.  If I see something that I think is an ideal fit, it's very hard for me to sit on it for any length of time.

I did learn a few things after the fiasco with our house in Gaylord, but it is so easy to get caught up in the emotion of home buying.  Midland seems to be in a bubble, not quite as impacted by the fall in the housing market.  And things are starting to move.  I'm really hoping that we can get a good deal on a house, and make up some of what we lost on our last house.  One scary thing to note:  I looked on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry and found that there was a sex offender living right across the street from a home we really liked.  I can't imagine if we would have bought the home and then found that out - what a nightmare!

2 comments:

  1. Scarey! But in my initial read of your comments I thought you were saying that YOU were on the Sex offender list. SAY WHAT!!! It obviously made me reread. So glad you checked out the registry...don't think I ever would have thought of it! Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...house hunting is such a huge endeavor. I don't like it:) Are you finding things that you like? Hope you guys are hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete