5.29.2011

Little Surprises

We've had a fun and fairly relaxing Memorial Day Weekend.  Yesterday cousins Kellie and Anna visited with Aunt Deb.  While we were giving them a tour of our house, we discovered a family of toads and a baby garder snake living in the area outside of our egress window in the basement.  It was like a little reptilian terrarium down there.

Dave and Grace have since set our little friends free to finish out the rest of their days on ground level.  But before they released them into the woods, Grace spent some time holding the toads and even the garder snake (cringe).  

Then, last night, we grilled brats and drank margaritas with our neighbors, Krista and Mike, while Graceyn and Grace played.  I realized, once again, that I really should have learned to play eucre long, long ago.  I think I am the only person on earth that does not know, and can't ever seem to learn, how to play.  I just don't get it... 



This afternoon we purchased some plants for my raised vegetable bed that my Dad built for me.  Tomorrow will be a day full of planting...it should be fun!

Grace and Anna on the swings

Mr Toad in the "terrarium" 

Not afraid

Freedom

 The Mama snake that resides under our front porch




2 comments:

  1. Back in the olden days...we thought if you held a toad you'd get warts! Glad they were set free to enjoy the woods. Cute pictures and your home is beautiful. Thanks for having us over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only eucre-challenged person. I've been "taught" at least 20 times but I can't seem to wrap my brain around it. As Ellie would say "It's not my talent".

    ReplyDelete