5.13.2011

Timberrr!

We had a number of trees cut down  this week.  Most of them were dead or close to it, and needed to come down before they hit our home or one of our a neighbors' homes.  I'm relieved they're gone.  We've had so many bad storms lately, it's been a bit unnerving to watch them swaying with the high winds.

The whole time the men were working outside, Grace stood inside, face glued to the windows, fascinated by the chainsaws and tractors and the huge trees falling to the ground with a house-rattling thud.  I was just thankful none of them fell the wrong way!

I was glad to see this one fall

Always jumping...





A huge hole from our neighborhood Woodpecker

 Beautiful wild trilliums have blossomed in our woods

2 comments:

  1. I love, and can feel the energy in the photo of Gracing jumping.

    We too have had tress removed and it is a fascinating process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting down "tall" trees is a fun thing to see. Just glad the guys know how to make them fall in just the right place.

    Gracie seems to be enjoying the whole experience!

    ReplyDelete