A friend has already started working on my website, which will be photographybykrysha.com. I'm really excited (and nervous) to see how it turns out. I need to, in the coming weeks, start working on a logo (thanks, Lisa!) and form an LLC. But more than anything, I need to get organized and turn our office into a professional and clean space to meet with clients. This will be my greatest challenge. It's such a mess right now.
Although I don't have any other clients scheduled as of now, I had a busy weekend of photo sessions. Because of the lousy weather during the week, I ended up doing two of them on Saturday. It turned out to be a beautiful day--not too hot; perfect for photos at Dow Gardens.
I've realized a couple things that I really need to work on--posing and telling people what they need to do. I also screwed up my camera setting and left my ISO up too high with my family session. I'm praying that the prints don't look too noisy.
Despite all these issues (and the fact that I left my last session with a horrible migraine that almost made me lose it during the car ride home), I'm excited to start this business and see what happens. I don't think I'll make much money doing it, but if I can contribute a little bit to our finances, and pay for some new photography equipment, that will be worth it to me!
Here are some of my favorites from this weekend:
Our friends, Greg and Eileen, and their little boy, Samuel
The Wells family, our friends from church











Great photos...I can't imagine how difficult it is to take photos with multiple kids and capture them all with cute looks! Great job! We'll definitely be calling for a "family" photo in the future! Deb
ReplyDeleteKrysh, I've been meaning to e-mail you. I'm so excited for you. Amazing work you are doing, and it's just awesome that you are doing something you love and that you are good at (and making a little money with it as well!).
ReplyDeleteYour photos always make me smile and often with a tear in my eyes, they are so great. Believe in yourself, you are so talented.
ReplyDeleteThe white " girly" dress with the soccer cleats picture is the cutesy thing I have seen in a long time. What a natural model Grace is and so darn sweet.