6.25.2011

The One

I've been renting lenses lately.  I'm currently on my second lens, and I think it's a keeper (if only I had $2500 to spare).  I rented it for a family shoot I have tomorrow night.  They have three boys, so I knew I would need a telephoto lens to capture the kids in their element without being all up in their mix like I have to be with my 50mm.  The one drawback (besides the price-tag) is its weight, which does make it a bit harder to maneuver.  The image stabilization on this lens is UNreal...I shot some photos at a shutter speed of 1/25 of a second and they were sharp as can be.  On my lens, the same photos would have been a blurry mess. 

Some photos from the week:

 Grace was excited to try out these
hand-me-down soccer cleats from Hayden


 I see some goals in her future

Fortunately, Hayden has two sisters and is a good sport

What I thought were weeds are flowering!

zoomed dragonfly

Lettuce in our garden

Love these little feet


Sorry, the buffet is closed!

A new umbrella from Aunt Deb

A preparing-myself-for-tomorrow trip to Dow Gardens





Always a lady

Shutter speed 1/25...Crazy!

 Some props from ebay--my new favorite thing


Grace with Emma, another new friend who just moved in



Emma has a kitty


And kittens! 


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous25.6.11

    Cute, cute, cute! Your pictures are awesome.

    Love, Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete