11.23.2011

Saying Goodbye

We lost Grandma Lower last week.  It was hard watching her slip away.  I wish I had spent more time with her.  God had really put it on my heart in the last month to reach out to her more.  As usual, I didn't listen very well. I thought I had more time.  I'm glad I was able to be there at the end, though, holding her hand.  I'm glad she's at peace now.

Her funeral service was yesterday.  I loved hearing Kellie read the stories from all of us grand kids and looking at all of the photos on the memory boards.  Lots of good memories.
 
Grandma, Thanksgiving 2010

Things will be very different without you, Grandma.  You will be missed.  I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous24.11.11

    Although Grandma couldn't tell you at the end...I know she felt your presence and was more at peace having you there. It's such a difficult thing to watch a loved one pass...she knew you were there holding her hand. Thank you for being there! Love, Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete