4.17.2010

Papa Time

When Grace woke up from her nap this afternoon, Dave ran upstairs to  fetch our babe.  After a few minutes, I trudged up there to see what was going on.  I walked in to find Grace and her Papa snuggled-up, reading Curious George, one of her new favorites.  I was hoping for a warm welcome with some hugs and kisses, but  Grace just looked at me, and as if to claim her territory (her Papa), said, "No, No!"  "Okay, Grace, I'll leave you and Papa alone.  Mommy will take a bath," I said.  Then she gave me a get-out-of-here wave and said, "Bye!" in a way reminiscent of how she talks to the pediatrician when she wants him to take a hike. So, I quickly retreated to the tub. 

While I was soaking (which was a wonderful treat, incidentally), I listened to the "conversation" taking place one room over from me.  Most of it was one-sided, unfortunately for Grace.  It went something like this:

"Papa?  Papa!  Papa.....Daaayve!  Dave?  Daaayve!  Papa..... read!  Papa, read!" 

I can totally relate, Grace.  He never listens to me either.  And in the prone position...he's out like a light!

Guess Mom's not so bad after all, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment