I got the call from the doctor's office yesterday that our IVF procedure will be this Thursday. It took a lot longer to get to this point this time around (3 years after our only other IVF attempt). But, I'm finally ready (I think). Tonight at 10 pm, Dave will give me the HCG trigger shot (an intramuscular shot in the hip). This matures the eggs prior to the retrieval. As I did three years ago, I woke up numerous times last night, fearing I'd missed my time, or screwed something up somehow. At 4 am, I finally went downstairs and nervously fumbled through the notes I took yesterday after my conversation with the nurse. When I was satisfied that I'd done everything right, I climbed the stairs again, and tried unsuccessfully for quite a while, to fall back to sleep.
I am most definitely nervous, maybe even more so this time around. It feels overwhelming when I think of just how many hoops we still have to jump through. But whatever the outcome, I'm looking forward to this being over. I feel like I'm six months pregnant already, and it looks that way too, especially when I try to get up off the couch. And the headaches and mood swings are pretty bad - PMS on steroids. I'm ready to be done!
So, if you are so inclined, please pray that things will go smoothly Thursday morning at 9:30 AM. Thanks!
9.28.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh, Krysh...I'm thinking of you and hoping, praying things go smoothly (and for the mood swings to be done!)
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be sending positive energy your way tomorrow...and praying that God does his work to deliver another little Abbott as sweet an Gracie. I know it's a big order...cause she's just about as special as they come! Love you guys...Aunt Deb
ReplyDelete