- Fresh Viewpoint - Look for an unexpected perspective to show your subject; climb atop something or get down on ground level to get an interesting view.
- Lining It Up - Compose your shot so a natural line (a horizon, fence rail, etc.) leads directly to your subject.
- Best Time Of Day - Get the best natural glow to your photos by shooting an hour after sunrise or an hour before sunset.
- Compelling Candids - Watch for shots that capture genuine emotion. Be spontaneous.
It's funny how my interests and priorities have changed. Now, instead of dreaming about a new pair of shoes or the latest Dooney & Bourke purse, I fantasize about camera accessories. I'd love to have a few specialty lenses and Photoshop, of course. These are all big-bucks and are definitely not in our budget.
As a Christmas gift, my parents gave me a Canon Rebel , which I LOVE. So, I think maybe I will start shopping for a photography class. Then at least I'll know how to work with what I do have, which is an awesome camera that is calling to me; waiting for me to tap into it's full potential. I just hope my full potential can match up with my camera's. That I'm not so sure of.....


I remember a couple of photos you snapped of me with that polaroid at Grandma and Grandpas house. I was mid-air jumping off the step, wearing leg warmers if I remember right.
ReplyDeleteI need to take a class, too. One of my friends is doing so right now and said it's been helpful. I'm still struggling to figure out the depth of field thing on my camera...she even tried to fix it, cause I cannot get it to give me the blurry background with the low f-stop on Aperture priority setting. Something isn't right (including the user!)
Well, I think the photos you've been taking without having a class are awesome. If you never take that class, don't quit taking photos. You've got a talent...and your pictures are prescious.
ReplyDeleteLoving Maui...got here last night and we're up early (still haven't gotten our bodies adjusted to the new time).
Love, Aunt Deb