3.02.2010

Where's the beef?

It's in our new freezer, of course!  We decided to split a 1/4 side of beef with my in-laws.  Holy cow, is that a lot of meat!  Dave had been pestering me for a while about doing it.  His Assistant Principal raises organic Black Angus cattle.  I figured now was a good time, being that Dave's parents wanted to buy us a freezer and I kept hearing disturbing tales of grocery store meat.  I feel good about the fact that now, when we have ground beef, we know it came from one cow and not twenty.  But, I do have to admit, I felt a little bad for the cow.  It was more personal, I guess, having someone we know send his cow off to slaughter for us.  But that's what makes it safer (hopefully) and healthier.

So, here's the beef!

No comments:

Post a Comment