3.23.2010

Room To Grow

I've been on the hunt for a new pair of shoes for Grace; something casual, well-made, appropriate for the upcoming (hopefully) warmer weather, good for running around in and cute, of course.  I've been eying Tessa's (a little girl in Grace's music class) footwear:  the cutest little Ecco shoes and boots.  So-cute-you-could-just-eat-them cute.  I did some online shopping and quickly realized that all things Ecco are expensive, no matter what  size you're looking for.  I couldn't find anything for Grace under $65, and I can't justify spending that much money on a shoe that will be outgrown in a few months.

So, today after Toddler Time at the library, Grace and I decided to do a little shoe shopping.  We went to Stride Rite, a children's shoe store in town. Although the saleslady was a bit of a grump and actually brought Grace to tears, we managed to snag two pairs of Ecco shoes on clearance.  I was so excited....still am, actually.  There is nothing quite like finding a good bargain.  The only catch is the shoes are too big for her now, but in a few months she'll be able to wear them.  I sure hope by then she's potty-trained and sleeping in a big-girl bed. 

A girl can dream...


Grace couldn't keep her hands off of them

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've missed your blog! I LOVE these shoes (and the picture, too). I bought Anna some new shoes not too long ago (Mary Jane style), and she's already scuffed them up. We need some good play/tennis shoes. I'm going to have to see if I can find some of these on sale somewhere around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Glad you were able to find them on sale - score!

    ReplyDelete