Dave and I have decided to proceed with another IVF attempt. I debated whether I would/should blog about it and to what extent. But, I think it will be cathartic, maybe helpful to someone else, and I hope it will be something that we can look back on with happy memories.
And so it begins: the rollercoaster of emotions, intensified by crazy hormone levels and giant-sized ovaries. The shots, ultrasounds, and blood-work will start next week, and our procedure will be the last week of the month. Running the gambit of emotions lately: optomistic, pessimistic, guarded, excited, hopeless, hopeful, resigned, panicked. Par for the course, I guess.
Questions flood my mind: Are we making the right choice? Why is it so easy for some? How will I feel if we're not successful? Why do I have to have so many pregnant friends right now? Am I being selfish to want another child?
We finally came to this decision after a year of indecision. In the end, we both wanted to try one more time-one last shot- to see what happens. To get some closure-one way or another. No guts, no glory.
I'm trusting, whatever the outcome, it will be the right one for us. God knows best- not me. This much I am certain of. And He will be there whether I cry to Him with a heart over-flowing with joy or with grief.
9.09.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm praying that this works and you have another little bundle as special as Gracie. If you ever need anything...don't hesitate to ask. I would love to help in any way...and would be happy to watch Gracie anytime needed. Love, Aunt Deb
ReplyDeleteThinking of you guys and praying that you are blessed once again!
ReplyDeleteI will keep you in my thoughts and send positive energy your way. My family has been through this and all of the emotions you mentioned are painfully real.
ReplyDelete