3.31.2010

Bird Watching

A few months ago my Mom told me, "If you feed them, they will come."  She was right, as she is with most things, and now we have a beautiful array of birds (not to mention some other critters, too) that regularly visit our feeders.  Grace and I love to watch the birds in the morning.  She climbs up on her step and is face-to-beak with her small feathered friends.

Here's a little glimpse of what we've been seeing...

Hairy Woodpecker (male)

Downy Woodpecker (female)

Downy Woodpecker (male)

 Robins galore...



One "Papa Cardinal"


Male and female Goldfinch


The Sparrows love our Crabapple tree

Mourning Doves - a recent addition

One of the aforementioned "critters"....

Critter #2  "scratching"
 
Critter #3 watching the birds while eating breakfast



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1.4.10

    She's going to be a "bird watcher" when she grows up I bet! I'll bet Grandma will also have her planting flowers and gardening before long! Love, Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to watch her watch the birds? We do the same thing here. I've never been a fan of birds (strange, but true!). One of my customers needed me to photograph a bird feeder for and ad and told me to keep it when I was finished. Ellie begged and begged to put it outside. We finally bought seed and within a day or two the birds were everywhere. It was a great way to enjoy nature this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so much fun. She is kind of a bird snob though. Now she is really only interested in woodpeckers and cardinals (and chipmunks and squirrels, too, of course). I am kind of wondering if I'm spending too much money birds, though. They go through our food so fast.

    ReplyDelete