I bought Blueberries for Sal a few weeks ago. It had been on my mind for a while, and to my surprise, our library doesn't carry it. It was a good excuse to go to Barnes and Noble and do a little book shopping-something I love to do.
Blueberries for Sal is one of my most-loved and remembered books from childhood, and I hoped that Grace would love it too. What's not to love, really? Blueberries and bears. You can't go wrong with that combination, not with Grace anyway. Needless to say, Grace has loved the book and requests I read it to her over and over again at bedtime. And, that's okay with me. Sal reminds me a lot of Grace; even looks a like her a bit.
I'm looking forward to taking my little Sal berry picking this summer. I can't wait, actually. And I'm glad we don't have to worry about running into any Momma bears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment