6.20.2010

Children's Garden

The last time we visited the Children's Garden, which is inside Dow Gardens, it was early spring and things were pretty drab.  What a difference a few weeks make.  Now, buds and blooms are everywhere, and first crops have emerged from the raised beds where families can grow their own organic vegetables.  It's all part of their Growin’ Gardeners program, something we'll definitely be a part of when Grace is old enough.  Until then, we'll have plenty of fun exploring this amazing little place, and it never hurts to bring some friends along.

Although we didn't arrive early enough to get in on story time in the garden, which is every Friday morning at 10AM, my friend Melissa and I had a great time, and I think our kiddos did too.  Avian, Melissa's son, is 18 months old and walking really well now.  He remains Grace's most talked about and beloved little friend.  Both Avian and Grace had quite a time running all around, scrubbing the pavement with brooms, watering plants, blowing bubbles at the giant bubble tables, and playing in the water. Dow Gardens will be a great location for their wedding someday.

Avian in the playhouse

Grace in her watering mode

Avian loved/hated these little things

Stirring it up!

She loves her bubbles!

More watering...

Love these little tools...

and their very stylish scarecrows.

The brooms were a big hit with the kids...
(I think I need to put her to work at home.)




Gotta get one of these for our place.
So many fun places for little ones to explore.

Melissa and Avian

So, if you've never been, take a trip out to the Children's Garden.  It's a magical little place, one that we'll be frequenting a lot this summer, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous21.6.10

    Looks like a great place for learning and exploring! What fun.

    Love Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta make a stop there next time we're in Midland for sure!

    ReplyDelete