6.17.2010

A visit with Granny Lower

We had a nice visit with Great-Grandma Lower (or Granny Lower, as Grace calls her) today.  Her spirits were up and she had a great time sitting outside, watching the hummingbirds, and taking in the fresh air.  I could tell it made her day to see and interact with Grace, and that made me very happy.  She especially enjoyed watching Grace play in her "cozy coupe," which Great-Grandma Lower gave her for Christmas.  Grace quickly warmed up to "Granny Lower" and seemed amazed that she knew the words to Hey Good Lookin'.  I could tell Grace was pretty impressed. 

 My Grandma Lower


Giving Great-Grandma the eye from the cozy coupe


Love this shot of Mom, Dad and Grace 


After Grandma went home, we had a nice dinner with my parents, after which, Grace plastered my folks with Post-It stickers.  I can't remember just what it was she was saying while she was doing it, but it sure was funny.





Also this afternoon, we discovered that Nomma's cucumbers have grown by leaps and bounds since our last visit.  Grace helped Nomma pick one to take home with us.  We're looking forward to a cucumber snack tomorrow.


It's been a very busy day, in a mostly-good way.  So glad we were able to enjoy some time with Grandma Lower.  I know it made her day.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous18.6.10

    So true Krysha...I talked to Grandma Lower tonite and she couldn't say enough about her day and visit with Gracie and you guys. She was so happy to have spent a couple hours enjoying the lake and watching Gracie in her cozy coupe. Thanks for making her day!

    ReplyDelete