12.10.2010

Christmas Walk

We emptied the closet of all of our warmies tonight and ventured out to Dow Gardens for their candle-lit Christmas Walk.  I heard rumors of choirs and lights and, most importantly, reindeer.  Reindeer Grace spent the afternoon asking me if she could pet or bite (not sure where that came from).

We arrived at the Gardens to crowds of people both inside and out.  Luminaries lit our paths as we made our way back to where we hoped we'd see a reindeer or two.  After minutes of brisk walking to songs of carolers, and the squeak of Grace's snowpants rubbing together, I saw a set of antlers in the distance and knew we were getting somewhere.

We got our first look at Bronner and Nick, two male reindeer.  As I fumbled with my camera settings and took a series of horrible photos, Grace got braver and braver, wanting to pet (thankfully not bite) Nick, the second deer.  Finally, with Papa's help, she reached her hand into the pen and felt Nick's ultra-soft fur.  I think she was pretty proud of herself...

Beautiful paths of lights



"Bronner"



"Nick"






I think we're going to be hearing a lot more about reindeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment