12.30.2010

Cut and Style

Grace had her very first haircut this afternoon.  Sarah, my stylist and our neighbor a few doors down, was the one we chose for this challenge.  Each time I've brought up haircuts to Grace it has created much anxiety and fear.  But, in talking with her over the last couple of weeks, I felt like it was something she could handle.  She met Sarah over the summer as we were walking around our block and she took to her right away.  And, when I talked it over with Sarah last week at my hair appointment, she seemed up for what could be a challenging, little client.

When we arrived at the salon today, Grace was excited to see Sarah again, and to have a sucker, which I promised her she could have.  We both got a good laugh over the fountain in the entryway.  It had a renaissance-type woman coming up out of the water with an only partially-covered behind.  Her "bare buns" were showing, which "cracked" us both up. "Bare-buns, bare-buns!"

I plopped Grace down in Sarah's chair, and I thought we were in the clear, but as soon as Sarah tried to put the smock around Grace's neck, she lost it.  I had to hold Grace on my lap, and Sarah had to promise not to use the smock, or spray her hair with water, or blow-dry her hair.  After we got all of that out of the way, things were fine and the haircut went on with out incident.

I had hoped to get some before/during/after photos of the process, but with Grace on my lap it didn't work out that way.

A few cute "after" shots...



After her cut, we went over to Granny and Grandpa's house to spend time with the Abbott clan.  Dave's brother and his family are in town and Grace has been having a BLAST playing with her cousin Megan.  She even allowed her to spray and style her hair.  I think Meg should have done the cut, too!

 Megan spraying Grace's hair with water

Styling...

A break for some chocolate milk

Accessorizing

The finished product!



1 comment:

  1. A special memory...the first time always being the most challenging! The "sucker" will be the draw for the next and future appointments. Looks like cousin Megan is a sure thing for a cosmetology career!

    ReplyDelete