12.13.2010

Snowy Sunday

With the blowing snow and stinging, high-speed winds outside, we decided to stay home today, not even venturing out for church.  After a phone conversation with my mom, in which she told me there was good "packing snow," we decided to brave the elements, bundle up, and head outside with Grace for our first major snow experience of the season.  I guess we must have had different snow--ours was powdery and uncooperative. 

Grace and I have been reading a lot of The Snowy Day lately, and as a result, she had three things in mind as we headed out:  a snowman, snowballs, and snow angels.  The former didn't work out so well, but the snow angels were a big hit.  She found patch after patch of pristine snow to plop down on and spread her little wings. 

This time last year we had a similar storm and, like today, we ventured outside in what was then Grace's first time playing in the snow.  Back then she struggled walking through the deep, heavy snow and wasn't sure what to make of all the cold, wet stuff.  Back then, she watched Papa make a snowman and mostly just enjoyed sitting and eating snow.  I can't believe just how much she's grown and changed over the past year. 

As I was trying to organize some photos on my computer today, I came upon these pictures from last year.  Mid-way through this post I looked back at the date and realized that it was almost exactly one year ago.  Here are some sweet photos of little Grace last year, and some photos from our time in the snow today. 


 12.9.09





 12.12.10

 A snowball!

I think there's a smile under that scarf!

Snow-angels 101

I think she likes it!

One of her 'angels'

Sweet, little snow-baby

Fortunately, and also like last year, Dave has a snow day tomorrow and doesn't have to report to school.  Yay!


3 comments:

  1. Oh what a difference a year makes. Grace is truly an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such rosey cheeks! Don't you just love snow days! Glad daddy got to stay home and play today.
    Love, Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bundled babies at that age. They are big enough to be walking around "by themselves", but with all the gear...they look like round little balls of fluff and fabric!

    ReplyDelete