12.17.2010

Cookies

We've had an afternoon filled with gingerbread.  It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work.  Somewhere in our most recent move, I misplaced my KitchenAid mixer, so I made the cookies by hand.  I stumbled upon this recipe for gingerbread cookies, and for the most part, I really like how it turned out.  I wish I had taken them out a little sooner--I like gingerbread a little more on the chewy side. 

When Grace woke up from her nap this afternoon, I had the dough chilled and ready to go.  We've been watching a lot of Food Network lately, and Grace has been very, very busy in her kitchen.  She got right to work on her dough - kneading, rolling, and most importantly, tasting.  Then I brought out the flour, and things went to an entirely new level.  It was fun.  Not so fun to clean up, but Grace had a great time flouring her work surface, eating a little, and then going back for more flour.  She repeated this about 84 times.

After dinner we decorated our cookies.  By this time Dave was home, so he got to join in on the fun (until he fell asleep at the table anyway) too. 

Making a reindeer

Tasting



Moving on to flour...

Decorating and sampling

Dave's creation

Plum tuckered out after a long day

No comments:

Post a Comment